Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My memorial for Sandra Anderson Baccus 1945-2012


On February 5, 2012, my world as I knew it seize to exist. My mentor, style maven, and sometime life coach, left her earthly body and began to be my nudge on the shoulder and whisper in my ear. I hear her infectious laugh and her grunt when something " isn't right."There hasn't been anyone like her in my lifetime and I really doubt I will ever meet anyone remotely like her again. I was the fortunate one to be able to say I was more than her make up artist, she called me her friend. She predicted I would do well in this city, and that I didn't need her guidance anymore. Well, she was wrong ( shes a Virgo, like me...We are never really wrong) I do need her, not to get me in to the best parties or take me on trips around the country in a private plane, as she did for 15 years, but to say simple things like; you should try parting your hair different, grow a grey streak or wear more lip color Nikole. My life was enhanced by her shear presence, and I will forever be indebted.

No comments:

Post a Comment