Wednesday, June 5, 2013

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE...

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.

-Elisabeth Kubler Ross 1926-2004

This statement by Dr. Ross is one of the driving forces of my life. I, like most people enjoy a nice compliment on beauty, but I think the most beautiful people are the ones that overcome the insurmountable, the deepest of dark days, and went the longest distance to get to where they are now. I enjoy my life to the fullest because I see the beauty in the smallest things, the way a women looks at other women with an up and down glance because they either like their look or dislike it, the way you automatically smile when you see a bride or a newborn baby. These are things I find beautiful, human beings are not that different and they see things through their environmental points of view. But, I think when something touches your soul and makes you either cry or laugh, you've touched your souls beauty. I make a point to laugh everyday, pray everyday, and give a compliment on something beautiful everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment