Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Anchors aweigh...

 I'm terrified of big bodies of water... but, I love everything nautical or marine. Especially Anchors!
I love the anchor motif so much I have considered having a permanent tattoo or decal on my car, of course not my body. I wasn't brought up around water, nor do I swim ( I could save my own life if needed), I just love the marine look, period. There is a nod to all things nautical in my house and in my closet. When I wear my favorite anchor pants, I feel awesome and ready to take over the world, even the sea! So, I decided to do some research on the meaning of the Anchor, not just the function. 


Symbolic Meanings of the Anchor

  • Hope
  • Safety
  • Fidelity
  • Stability
  • Security
  • Salvation
  • Good Luck
  • Steadfastness
  • Ocean/Sea/Waters
I love all of these meanings. But, the most important one to me is "Steadfastness," because I have always been a person that will stick it out for a cause. May it be for my friends, family, or career. There is no greater reward than to see the result of your steadfastness. Another way to look at it is faithfulness, or devotion. If I put my heart into a thing, person, or project I will give my all, which can be my curse and my blessing. But no matter the symbolization, I love anchors...







No comments:

Post a Comment