Wednesday, September 4, 2013

There is this song called VERSACE by Drake and Migos, I find myself singing along even though I don't wear Versace. But I love gold, lion heads, and the gold link motif. In fact for the last 4 years I have been invited to do the makeup for some private charity events at the Versace store in Atlanta. I started reminiscing on when Gianni Versace was living, it was the height of the gaudy silk shirts and big medallion necklaces. From 1992 till 1997 ( the year of his death), Versace was a premiere designer to wear. 

I remember it like it was yesterday...The day the fashion world came to a halt, and we all couldn't believe that someone would murder such a talent. Versace was shot dead on July 15, 1997, age 50, on the steps of his Miami Beach mansion as he returned from a morning walk on Ocean Drive. He was murdered by Andrew Cunanan, who eight days later committed suicide. No one knows the reason till this day. I tell this story because as I see Versace becoming apart of pop culture I hope that we pay reverence to the man that always wanted everyone to feel luxurious.

Gianni Vercace


My make up job for fall 2012

My make up job for the fall 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment