Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Head Jewlery

My costume jewelry collection is so large that I forget what I own and every now and again I find some amazing treasure amongst my collection. One of those treasures recently was a vintage head chain that I found at Scotts Antiques years ago. During the Jazz age, flappers wore long necklaces and adorned their heads with cloche hats and for the evening outfits, head jewelry. I quickly started searching for more like it on Etsy.com and Ebay.com, I did find a couple modern versions. You definitely have to have fashion courage to wear such a piece in order not to be discouraged by the comments you will receive due to people not understanding fashion history. Looking like everyone else has never been my motivation in getting dressed, so when I find a pieces that allows me to step out of the "current" box I jump at the chance!



No comments:

Post a Comment