Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Boho-Chic

I'm pretty clear on what suits me when it comes to styles of clothing, but with my eclectic and sometimes manic aesthetic, I do have a few styles I wish I could pull off. One being, bohemian chic or hippie chic. I adore the unstructured loose drape style so much that I attempt it on occasion. I usually keep it monochromatic and pile the jewels on. The leaders of this style are Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, The Olsen twins, and Nicole Richie. All who have made it insanely beautiful.

Some say the style derives from the 60's in Berkeley and of course New York's Greenwich Village. Worn best by the flower Children, It was the custom of "flower children" to wear and distribute flowers or floral-themed decorations to symbolize altruistic ideals of universal belonging, peace and love.

The newbies of today, probably don't realize that the braids, Ombre hair color, and Maxie dresses all come from this movement and era. Like I always say, ( It's even in the bible), "There is nothing new under the sun."






















No comments:

Post a Comment