Thursday, July 25, 2013

Throw Back Thursday...

I have never been scared of good ole fashioned hard work, may it be for my place of employment or for myself. When I got into make up, I knew that I needed to showcase my work, at the time we didn't have cameras with pixels that would be good enough to use as professional pictures. As the universe would have it, Rod Lawson my hair dresser best friend was just as creative and ambitious as I, and we found a photographer that needed to pass courses at the Portfolio Center. The three of us was unstoppable for a whole year... we shot looks until the photographer graduated and Rod and I had a full 18 page portfolio. I look back at some of the images and see the detail of the set design and the literal pain Rod endured cutting and peeling lemons and limes for a headdress he made for a picnic scene, or planting fake greenery in a pool underwater in order to get the right mermaid shot ( I hand glued jewels to eyelids and face), and when I hand painted gold paint head to toe on my model. Now-a-days when I suggest newer hair and make up talent to find a photographer and shoot their friends for images, they think it is too much work...Well, it is and it is worth it! 

These pic's are 14 years old....








No comments:

Post a Comment