Sunday, August 4, 2013

Using my creative Juices...


I have been on our Van Michael Show team since my mentors Yolanda Fredrick and Paige Luther left in the 90's. I have been soul creator of the make up look according to the production and design of the show. The artistic director gives me the inspiration and I create a make up look that goes along with it. I have done some pretty crazy inventive designs and then not so great looks. Nevertheless, I pride myself  in being able to create something different no matter what. One of the most memorable shows was when we hired the dancers from Madonna's concert tour, they did these amazing aerial silk acts. We did some pretty crazy hair pieces on them and painted the models and dancers in head-to-toe latex! I won't go into the details of the side affects of head-to-toe latex and body jewelry, lack of body moisturizer, and body hair...lets just say, they don't mix! 

This back story brings me to my excitement for today and the prep and shoot for our Aveda Congress show in Minneapolis this October. I am so excited about our show, I am literally bursting at the seams.
I can't wait to show you the looks and the behind the scenes pic's after the show. This is part of my creative life that I know will be looked back on as some of the most amazing days!


Latex black body paint!





Van Council

No comments:

Post a Comment