Monday, October 7, 2013

Beyond October Hope...

Most people who haven't had anyone affected by breast cancer tend to show support and give monetarily to the cause, but after the month of October, their attention is gone. I was that type of person till one of my dearest aunts lost her battle with breast cancer in 2011. Now wearing a pink ribbon and giving extra money at the cash out counter means something totally different. 

My Aunt Bessie was a style icon in our family, she had the largest collection of shoes and hats I've ever seen ( a whole spare room dedicated to them actually). Her tender smile and knack for knowing what you needed before you did was something we all cherished. I always loved that people told me I looked like her, because I loved looking at her, I was pretty mesmerized actually. So, now when I think of supporting and being active in raising money to help Breast Cancer Awareness month, it's not just wearing pink in October, now I make it my mission to stay active all year round.



No comments:

Post a Comment